Friday 19 April 2013

Tuamotu Islands, French Polynesia

18 April 2013

Many apologies for the gap in the blog, but I have not been the best, suffering greatly from the prolonged heat that my body does not appear to like. And it has frazzled my brain as well I think.
 
Clipart from DJ Art.

We had just over a week at Hiva Oa, but were only able to go ashore for about 8 hours in all that time as the sea was too rough for our dinghy to land. I will fill you in as we go. We had the usual boat jobs to do, and with help from our next door neighbour Dave was able to get the fuel and water we needed. As appears usual, we have developed another problem, this time with the stern gland seal which will need fixing. So as I need fixing too, we are off to Tahiti where the boat will go to the boatyard and I will go to some air conditioning and the hospital.
 
We left Hiva Oa on Sunday, so today is our fourth day at sea and this morning we are where we planned to be which is passing the atoll of Manihi.
 
We expect to be at Papeete around late afternoon Saturday as we have no wind and are motoring.

Present position 14 deg 28min S and 145 deg 4min W
 

View Larger Map 

No comments:

Post a Comment